DIRECT-DEBIT TAX PAYMENT PROGRAM
When you participate in the Direct-Debit Tax payment program, your property taxes are automatically withdrawn from your checking, savings or bank money market account on the due date(s). For your protection, the program is governed by state and federal regulations, and you can stop participating at anytime with appropriate notification.
Why Should I Consider Signing Up?
• Provides you peace of mind – No chance of forgetting to pay your taxes on time or no need to worry about your payment being lost in the mail because the payments will be automatically withdrawn from your account on the effective tax due date.
• Your payments are made safely, accurately and timely by using the Automated Clearing House system, the same system that deposits millions of paychecks and over half of all Social Security checks.
• Saves you time and money – No more writing checks paying postage or mailing your payments, not to mention driving your payments to the town office on the due date.
• Utilizes your tax dollars more efficiently by saving the Town time and money.
How Does It Work?
• Checking, savings and bank money market accounts can be accessed through the Direct-Debit Tax payment program. Paperwork to sign-up for this service is to be received by the Town Treasurer at least 15 days prior to the due date to effectively set-up a pre-notification to your bank and delay any unforeseen complications.
• If the respective tax due date fall on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, the payment will be taken out on the next business day without penalty.
• Your bank statement will serve as receipt for your tax records.
How Do I Sign Up?
Simply complete the following form: Direct-Debit Tax Payment Sign-up Sheet
Return the completed form to the Town Treasurer at the address listed on the form.
If you have any questions, contact the Town Treasurer at (802)223-3313 x 207 or email@example.com
East Montpelier also offers a pay portal to make tax payments using credit cards, debit cards, or checking/savings accounts. To use this service, please click on this link: Pay Portal
The Town of East Montpelier is not responsible for the content, views, opinions or representations of any off-site pages referred to through links. [From the town’s Website Policy and Privacy Statement]